This part covers the setting up of an Internet Connection for an HP Pavilion DV6 3133nr Entertainment Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.
This article is produced courtesy information found on two websites.
The Basic Steps are these (after plugging in the USB ethernet and receiving the notification stating that the device could not be installed successfully):
- Right Click on Computer–> Properties
- Click Device Manager
- You will notice that there is a driver there with a yellow question mark by it.
- Right click that driver and click Update Driver Software
- A window will pop up asking how you would like to search for the software.
- Click to Search the system Manually
- Click to Search the computer for drivers
- Look for the Microsoft Corporation under the Manufacturers section
- Click it and then click the RNDIS Compatible item.
- Click next. (You may receive a notification concerning the driver possibly not being signed) Click Yes to continue.
- The driver will begin installing.
- A window will pop up stating that the driver has been successfully installed. Click to Exit.
- The driver will now show under the Network adapters.
- Windows 7 Buying Guide – John Lewis (johnlewis.com)