Taking into consideration that the tables and queries are done:
- If the query is not closed, close it.
- Right click on the query and click “Export”
- A Dialog Box will appear asking where to export the specific named query to. Locate where you want to place the exported file then
- Go to the “Save as type” drop down and select the “Microsoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls)” option first (or whatever version you are using)
- The name of the query should automatically pop up in the “file name” box.
- Click to check the box next door to “save formatted”
- At this point if you are going to directly work on the file then you also click in the check box for it to “Auto start”
- Clicking “Export” would then automatically bring up the exported Excel file after which you are free to select your information and create your charts.
For more tutorials like this please feel free to visit I.T University Resources by click ing the link under Bookmarks located to the top right of the page.